Introduction to Environmental Management Systems (IEMA E-Learning)
This qualification is aimed at those who wish to gain an understanding of EMSs, particularly ISO 14001 and the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS).
Its purpose is to provide middle management, line managers and individuals from a quality and health and safety background with information on why an EMS should be implemented, a summary of the EMS standards available and the main elements that comprise these.
What you will study
• An Overview of the Background to EMAS and the ISO 14000 Series
• The Key Components of ISO 14001
• The Key Components of EMAS
• The Interface Between EMAS, ISO 14000 and Other Management Systems
• Sources of Further Information or Advice
Recommended hours of study: 16 hours
The assessment comprises a multiple-choice exam and a short coursework assignment