The NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management provides specialist knowledge on Environmental Management systems and other key environmental issues.This is the perfect qualification for those wanting a high level career in Environmental Management, and for safety professionals looking to expand their knowledge and competence.
Benefits of Achieving the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management:
• Valued by employers – NEBOSH Diploma holders get higher salaries (NEBOSH research).
• Boost your career prospects – NEBOSH Diploma holders are in demand throughout the world.
• Use the letters ‘IEnvDipNEBOSH’ after your name.
• Eligible for Practitioner membership of IEMA (PIEMA).
What you will study
Unit ED1: Controlling Environmental Aspects
• Key environmental cycles and the effects of human activity on the environment
• Environmental leadership
• Environmental management systems and emergency planning
• Environmental risk evaluation and control
• Environmental performance evaluation
• Waste management
• Managing emissions to the atmosphere
• Managing emissions to the water environment
• Control of environmental noise
• Hazardous substances and contaminated land
• Energy use
Unit IDEM2: Environmental Regulation
• Enforcement of environmental legislation
• Pollution prevention and control multilateral treaties
Recommended hours of study: 190 hours
Assessed by an assignment based on a review and analysis of your organisation’s Environmental Management System.
Unit ED1 of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is assessed by a three hour written exam. Unit IDEM2 is assessed by a work-based project.