The NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work is a NEW course developed by NEBOSH to complement their existing range of qualifications.
This standalone qualification is designed for workers in any sector who want a basic understanding of health and safety and acts as the perfect introduction to a NEBOSH Certificate.
The types of people who would benefit from this qualification include:
• Team leaders and supervisors
• HR professionals
• Facilities managers
• Those working with young people in a training environment
What you will study
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
• The Foundations of Health and Safety
• The Responsibility for Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
• Transport Safety
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
• Fire Safety
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
• Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit HSW2: Practical Application
• The completion of a short risk assessment activity.
Recommended hours of study: 24 hours
The assessment consists of one multiple-choice examination for HSW1 and a short risk assessment activity for HSW2.
The NEBOSH Safety Simplified is the perfect course for anybody who needs a solid introduction to health & safety and risk assessment.
The NEBOSH Safety Simplified course provides the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to help to reduce the personal, organisational and financial cost of accidents, incidents and work-related ill-health.
Benefits of achieving the NEBOSH Safety Simplified Qualification
- NEBOSH Awards are valued by employers – both in the UK and internationally
- Provides confidence to handle workplace hazards effectively
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
The Safety Simplified course consists of 5 elements:
- Making the case for health and safety
- Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
- Stopping incidents from repeating themselves
- Dealing with common workplace hazards
- Keeping an eye on how things are going
NEBOSH Safely Simplified is assessed by a 30 minute multiple choice examination.